Hotel Information — 2017 Midwest Academy of Management
The 2017 Midwest Academy of Management Meeting is in Chicago, IL on Thursday through Saturday, October 19-21, 2017. We recommend proximity over the best hotel service.
Please book your hotel directly and in a timely way. We don’t have a hotel associated with the 2017 conference and we don’t have a special rate. We’re using a different business model for Chicago.
The following hotels are quite close–just a walk down the street or across the street–from the conference location. The conference location is Roosevelt University, 430 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL 60605 on Thursday, October 19, 20, and 21, 2017.
The ones with the asterisk are less expensive. Club Quarters is affiliated with Roosevelt U. Each University, your University has relations with hotel chains for which you as an employee can take advantage of during any conference you attend. You as an employee of your university, can get affiliated or partner hotel information from their University’s business office or events manager and search the internet to make hotel arrangements ASAP.
See the list below:
- *Congress Plaza Hotel (across the street from Roosevelt U)
520 South Michigan Avenue; Chicago, IL, 60605 United States; 866-573-4235; Good 3.6 / 5. The rate could be $169 or as low as $127 as of internet information on June 11, 2017
- *HI Chicago, Chicago (students might be interested in this hostel, which is across the street from Roosevelt U); 24 East Congress Parkway, Chicago, IL, 60605, United States of America, 800-491-6126; City-center hostel within walking distance of Art Institute of Chicago; Free continental breakfast and WiFi; Lowest price $41 as of internet information on June 11, 2017
- Hilton Chicago- Michigan Ave Cultural Mile
720 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL, 60605 United States, 866-711-3751
- *Travelodge Hotel Downtown
65 E Harrison St, Chicago, IL, 60605 United States, 866-767-0278
- The Blackstone, Autograph Collection
636 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL, 60605 United States, 866-925-4159
- *Chicago Old Colony, Chicago, 3.5 stars; 37 W. Van Buren St, Chicago, IL, 60605, United States of America, 800-491-6126; Comfortable apartment with kitchen, near Art Institute of Chicago; Free WiFi; Lowest price $100 as of internet information on June 11, 2017
- *Club Quarters Hotel, Central Loop, Chicago
111 West Adams Street, Chicago, IL, 60603, United States of America; 800-491-6126; 4-star hotel with restaurant, near Willis Tower; Free WiFi; Lowest price $175 as of internet information on June 11, 2017
- The Palmer House Hilton, Chicago, IL about 4 walking blocks away.
* Hotel website$109
- Best Western Grant Park, Chicago, About 3 walking blocks away
NOTE: As an aside and FYI — I’ll know by August 28, 2017 if Roosevelt University’s dormitory housing is available for conference attendees. If so it would go first to the MAM board, program coordinators/committee members, and track chairs. Regardless, I’m asking everyone to go ahead and book their hotel sooner rather than later.